Friday, June 1, 2007

The King Earns His Crown


Let me preface this by saying that I don't really follow the NBA. I've never been a big fan of professional basketball, but I've followed it through watching/listening to Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption. Through these means, I generally stay current regarding what's going on in the league enough to speak intelligently of it, but I'm certainly not a regular fan.

That said, Go Cavs!

Last night, I watched more professional basketball than I had the whole season. I tuned in for one of the most impressive performances of basketball that have happened in recent years. In case you missed it, the Cleveland Cavaliers edged out the Detroit Pistons in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals. In double overtime, LeBron James scored the final 25 points (holy crap.) for his team, giving him a total of 48. Unreal.

The sports pundits have been calling for LeBron's "coming of age" for a while. They blamed #23 for not taking more initiative in the first two games of this series. After the last 3 wins, you can be assured that LeBron has redeemed himself. Just check out that picture. You can see all five Detroit players and LeBron floating to the basket- with no other Cavs players in sight. Seriously, where are they? From the perspective of this photo you can see pretty much the whole court. Where'd they go?

Photo from Getty Images via Deadspin

No comments: